I declare that the Company will comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Applications) Regulations 2007 and will ensure so far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all employees whilst at work, particularly with regard to the following:
- Maintenance of all places of work under the Company’s control and provision of safe means of access and egress.
- Maintenance of all machinery and plant including power and hand tools.
- Adherence to the Company Health and Safety Policy and its implementation on all sites and other work places.
- (i) Provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary.
(ii) Instruction in the use of ladders, scaffolding towers and other similar equipment.
(iii) Instruction in the manual handling of heavy equipment.
- Provision of safety equipment of a recognized standard of quality and assurance of its use by all personnel on site.
- Management and carrying out of work activities in such a way as to prevent any improper conduct or behavior likely to endanger employees.
- Identifying hazards and risks to safety & health in the workplace and removing as far as possible from the workplace.
- Preparation and provision of adequate plans to be followed in emergencies.
- Protection of personnel against the inhalation of dust or fumes or other impurities from any plant, machinery and equipment together with injury caused to the eyes.
- Provision of adequate information about the conditions relating to use of any equipment and the inherent risks of any substances used at work.
- Obtaining where necessary, the services of a competent person for advice on safety matters.
- To report accidents and dangerous occurrences to the relevant authority.
- It will be Company policy to protect persons not employed by this Company, who may be affected by our activities, so they are not exposed to risks to their safety or health.
- It shall be Company policy to take account of any representations made by employees, which will be effective in promoting and developing measures to ensure their safety, health and welfare at work.
- It shall be the responsibility of every employee to familiarize themselves with the Safety Statement and co-operate fully in its implementation.
- The policy and its operation will be reviewed regularly and any amendments necessary will be duly made.